Sunday 1 April 2012

2nd design of Artsy


For the second artwork, I didn’t use the food culture sketches because I don’t know how to elaborate much with that piece. So I changed it to artwork called Double Sided. For this artwork I based on a references artist called Sara Kovanda, she’s actually a musician and based on her artwork, she is said to drew her arts with full emotions and raw expressions. She likes to use basic color RBY in her artwork, so I also use it. For the first stage, again I started with my sketches, the middle part represents the head of a person. I call it double sided because when people talk, they sometimes didn’t really meant it and they tend to say the other way round. For the teeth part, I use sharp teeth to represent the person who always talk bad about people. For the non-sharp teeth part, it represents a person who always cares about the way they are talking. For the snake-like shapes, it’s actually the words that came out of a person’s mouth. Eventually, people nowadays tend to be both. I started with thicken the lining of main character. Then, as referred to Sara’s artwork, I used yellow as head background to emphasize the main character. I then used red color for the good part as normally warm color represents positive. As for the bad part, I used cold color to represents negative elements. I actually spent most time on the snake-like part. For the good part, I drew a lot of pattern using thin stroke brush tool to represent the words that were said, it means that we carefully said out the words so that we won’t hurt any people easily. I zoom in the artwork to make it easier to be done. For the bad part, I simply drew the pattern on the snake-like drawings to represents a bad emotions that were used when we are talking, I also put the sharp teeth at the end of each of it to represents the hurts that others felt through our words. For the eyes part, I used the positive and negative color that represents good and bad mood because sometimes when we’re in a good mood, or bad mood, we might also talk something bad or good. Other than that, I just play along with the color to make it more creative. Lastly, I apply the layer at the back to make it more like canvas draw.

 Reference artist : Sara Kovanda

Below are the progress of the making of the Double Sided Artwork.










The FA of Double Sided

No comments:

Post a Comment