Sunday 1 April 2012

Last minute art piece :D


After few weeks of experimenting the photo shop, I still don’t quite understand how to really use it, but I just simply press any options in the toolbars to use it. I actually asked help from a friend of mine who is studying in Dasein Academy of Art in the process of making these artwork because as the due date came nearer, I have no idea on how to finish my artwork. He guided me along the way including the changes that I made in the sketches and he actually lend me the Wacom tablet as it’s similar to hand drawn stroke. The Wacom tablet make my work easier to be done completely. I also change the sketches to be made and can be seen even if the artwork is placed upside down.

Back to the sketches, the first one that I modify is the day & night sketch. Based on the reference artist is Julie Stenner, she’s not a very famous outsider artist but I just like her design. Her artwork that I refer most is the face series type. For this Day & Night artwork, you can see that in the middle of the sketches is a table and a bed that I combined together. Both faces looks numb because they are tired of their own daily life. For the first stage of coloring, I drew a thick outline to make it easier to be colored as referred to the artist. After that, as guided by my friend, he teaches me to use the complementary color harmony on the artwork. For the morning part, I use blue-ish green for background and warm orange as the face and the sun’s color. It’s also implemented in the night part of the artwork. After I put the background color, it’s actually looks too plain, so like what my friend advised, I just draw something behind it and at the same time enjoy playing with the Wacom tablet. Then, like my previous sketches, while the guy is doing work, he wanted to sleep and while he wants to sleep, he actually thought about the work. So, I used the transparent layer on the side of toolbar and changed the opacity to suit the background. For the last part, to make it more to a real canvas arts, I actually applied the texture on the background using the layer tool.

 Below are the pictures of reference artist, progress of making the artwork, and the last workpiece:

Both are pictures of artwork by Julie Stenner

 
 these are the progress of making the Day & Night artwork

this is my FA of Day & Night

No comments:

Post a Comment